Sunday, August 26, 2007

Crazy Weekend

So, I just got off the phone with Twin and I was told under no uncertain terms....that I better have this post up by tonight. Soooooo, even tho I am incredibly tired, I am gonna go ahead and do it so I do not incur his wrath.



With that out of the way, let's discuss my weekend......

Friday was quite fun. We spent the day at Islands of Adventure (which is part of Universal Studios...for those of you not in the know). My boys and I got into the park free through a connection by Whorehouse Boy. He can be quite useful at times when it comes to getting the free hookups. We saved like 80 bucks.....and I didn't have to worry about any prostitutes dropping their ta-ta's on my shoulder...it was great!

Anywho...me, Whorehouse Boy and my other friend (who shall be named Rocket Scientist because the guy is a straight-up genius) spent the entire day in the park checking out all the attractions...all and all it was a pretty chill day. My favorite part of the afternoon tho were the all the water rides, especially this one because you totally get soaked on it....and I was lucky enough to be right behind a raft filled with guys who looked like they were members of some sort of under-21 British Rugby team. So much big, beefy hotness.... it took everything in my power to keep cool. I was doing pretty good until 1/2 of them decided to simultaneously take off their shirts because their side of the raft got soaked under a waterfall. Sigh...............

Ok, back on topic. That night, we went to a house party held by one of my friends who goes to UCF. It was a crazy fun time and I got sooooo plastered, but I kept it classy as always! Anyways, there was this guy at the party that my friend swore up and down was gay and 100% in the closet. Apparently they used to work together and she said that he had some gay tendencies. Naturally another kid who was in the bedroom at the time asked her what she meant by that. Guys, guess what one of the reasons was that she gave as justification for his"gayness".....

Wait for this little gem......................

"Dudes....he is like TOTALLY gay....I know cuz like he has this messenger bag and he always used to wear it to work on one shoulder.....like a fuckin purse!!!......me & (random chick) always used to tell him to wear it 'cross his chest so he wouldn't look so gay...but he never listened to us. He carries a fucking murse yo!!"

I'm not gonna lie, after hearing her spiel I started cracking up...but it was only because of this girls comedic delivery. She was soooo gone and he had a cup of Capt Morgan in one hand...and then then the other was all flapping in the air. You had to be there, it was hilarious. Anyways, I bring this up because Rocket Scientist looked at her and was like, "yo....how can wearing a messenger bag on one shoulder make someone gay?" Everyone got really quiet and then UCF girl was like.." dude I dunno.....we just think that shit looks gay....I mean....its like a big fucking purse or sumthin!" LOL! This girl is like Maya Angelou, so damn poetic!

Anyways, I thought it was really cool that Rocket Scientist said something like that. It shows me that he is not a close-minded and ignorant person. I know it seems like a small thing, but I figure that if/when I do come out to him....he will be in a position to take it a little better than UCF girl....or others who have made off-handed, disparaging remarks about gay people in the past.

**ok Part II will be coming up shortly...but now....K needs some rest!**

5 comments:

Matt in Argyle said...

hmmmm, Rugby players you say. I am intrigued!

Good news about Rocket Scientist. It is always good to know there are friends who will be a little more supportive.

Closeted said...

Yes, it's good thing you posted, but that wasn't enough. Leaving us on the hang like that, I know there was more to the night and weekend...haha.

Pete said...

Man bags... all the young straight boys have 'm in Europe. They often combine them with tanning lotions and gfs that look more butch than them.

Current fashion is ridiculous and straight really is the new gay, so anyone trying to judge on the basis of this will be so wrong.

Steve said...

Actually, I just discovered on Friday night that I really, really like watching under-21 rugby games...thank you crappy sports bar!

Sounds like fun so far, and that girl is clearly insane. And has a way with words.

J.R. said...

I never got past the part about the shirtless rugby players... Something about messenger bags being gay?

Nothing Golden Stays