Sunday, August 19, 2007

An Interesting Quiz


Guys, this is a cool quiz to try out if you want a fun and fast way to see which candidates' stance you are most aligned with in the upcoming Presidential election. I was kinda surprised to find out that Dennis Kuncinich kept on coming on the top of my list....by a wide margin. This was followed by Mike Gravel, Barack Obama, Ron Paul and John Edwards.

I like Dennis a lot for his stances on many issues but I don't think I could vote for him because I think he lacks a certain 'gravitas' that I think is essential in becoming the next leader of the free world (if that makes any sense).

If I had my choice, my dream ticket would be a Gore/Obama or maybe an Obama/Edwards (too bad Gore isn't running.....he would win so easily) One thing is for certain, I will NOT be able to deal with Romney or Giuliani....or any Republican for that matter save Ron Paul.

I am also gonna have a hard time dealing with Hillary if she becomes the Democratic nominee, but I might just have to deal with it, as she is better than 89% of the Republican candidates. Sigh....

For one, she is Hillary Clinton...I mean nothing gets 50% of American more riled up than those 5 syllables. Granted she is an extremely intelligent and capable woman, but I just don't see how she can win a general election, she has waaayyy to many negatives. Furthermore, do we need to have more of the Clinton's skeletons falling out of the closet come Summer 08? You just know its gonna happen....don't look at me like that, HAHA.

On top of that.....as a nation of 300+ million people, do we really need the Presidency handed off, back and forth, between the same two families like some crazy game of hot potato?

Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton? Since '88?

Come on let's be real.....America can do better.

Who is your pick? (If you want to share that is...haha...I know it is personal)

3 comments:

ben said...

I remember last election I took a quiz like this and came out strong for Kucinich. Nothing changed this time, Kucinich by a decent margin followed by Gravel, Clinton, Obama, and Edwards tied for second.

But I definitely agree with you about Kucinich. I like his positions, he just doesn't quite do it for me.

And damn Gore, I wish he would just run.

Steve said...

I may be stoned for this but Giuliani was my #1, followed by Obama, Edwards and then Clinton. See, I'm not all bad :P

As for Clinton, my dream ticket would be Clinton/Obama, with her serving one term and Obama winning the presidential election in '12...and then I woke up.

I don't think it's fair to rag on having a Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton power cycle, since this will effectively use up all Bushes and Clintons from politics. Besides, of all the candidates Clinton brings the experience of actually being there, as well as her husband's insights.

Oh, and why does everyone want Gore to run? So we can watch the Dem's get crushed again? Just sayin'...

Pete said...

I guess I would be a pretty die-hard Republican, based on this:

McCain, Giuliani, Thompson, Paul, Romney in that order, and the rest are in negative territory.