Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm Having The Best Week Eva!!!

Just when you think there is NO POSSIBLE WAY you could have a more uncomfortable and awkward week....

So, I step into my house this evening and walk into the kitchen to check for my mail. Since my mom usually gets home before us, she always picks up the mail and leaves it on the kitchen table for us to sift through.

So I am shifting, and I find nothing of importance....so I go about the next order of business, which is changing out of my stuffy work clothes.

What Am I Greeted With, displayed PROMINENTLY on my computer desk as I walk into my room?

Well, that would be none other than one of the direct-mail postcard thingys from Playboy.

P--L--A--Y--B--O--Y

Questions:
What on earth am I gonna do with this?
Why was it addressed to me?
Why does it say RENEW your subscription now, even tho I never had one to begin with?
How funny is it that my Mom saw it fit to take it out of the mail and prop up this naked woman on my desk, where there would be NO CHANCE of me missing it?
How many more awkward positions do you think I could possibly be put in this week?

This is very reminiscent of the time about 3 1/2 years ago when I was getting utilities set up in my home in Gainesville. The Cox Cable guy came over to the house where my Dad promptly told him to make sure that the Playboy channel could get activated along with with Basic Channel Package because....and I quote

" That's something that my son is gonna wanna watch"

Yea......

5 comments:

designrehash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve said...

Well...its only Wednesday, don't tempt fate with such questions...

Still, kinda bizarre about the whole renew subscription thingy. And if your mom asks, just tell her you like the articles.

J.R. said...

Reminds me of the time my dad bought me a swimsuit calendar. Geez, it was so uncomfortable. Trying to fake horny appreciation and thinking about the implied expectation of me... Ugh.

Nothing Golden Stays

Matt in Argyle said...

Well, you could 'renew' it, and then read it for the articles.

My mom would have just lambasted me and gone on about how I should not treat women as objects. Naturally I don't of course, I just treat hot naked guys as objects. I wonder what she would do if a she got a renewal slip for Freshman.

Pete said...

Your secret will be a little safer now, parents will obviously never believe you didn't apply for a subscription.