Monday, January 21, 2008

My Weekend With The Guys

We had such a cray cray time, minus some hilarious drama at Vlada (wait til you hear about that....just my luck). Let's start from the top shall we?

So as many of you know, Troy came into the city this weekend to visit a couple of people (including yours truly).....so you just know we had to do it real big! First, we met up at this fun Mexican restaurant in Chelsea called The Rocking Horse. I arrived with Chris...... and Jay met us there with Troy and his friend Eric.

First Impressions.....

Guys I've gotta say......Troy is as cute in real life as he is in his photos online. He is exactly how I imagined him to be....smart, outgoing, sweet and totally hilarious. He had us rolling during dinner with some of his stories. I am kinda pissed that he lives in Chicago...because if he was in NYC, we would surely be hitting the town every (other...wink) night!

Jay was really cool too. It is a shame that we've lived in the city together for like almost 2 months and we JUST got around to meeting each other this past weekend. Crazy schedules I guess....who knows? Anyways, he is definitely a cool kat....and a ridiculously good dancer that pretty much upstaged the rest of us with his moves on the dancefloor. Whatever ho......

LOL! (j/k buddy)

Now, to Troy's friend Eric........

If I said that I was just slightly enamored with this guy....I would kinda be lying because I think he is absolutely adorable.

THERE...I ADMITTED IT!!!!!

LMAO...no but really guys, from the second I saw him from inside the restaurant I was like, "mmmmmmmmm." In fact (and Chris, you will correct me if I am wrong) I believe the second thing that came out of my mouth after "oh look, there's Troy" was "OMG Troy's friend is HOOTTTT."

LOL, I'm a trip.....

You wanna know what is even more funny about the entire situation? After hanging out with him the entire weekend, I've realized that his physical appearance isn't even his best feature. Not only is he such a pleasant person to be around....he also has this extremely witty and sarcastic sense of humor that I just find so entertaining. He is definitely a catch...that's for sure. So much so that I gave Troy instructions to watch over him until the Blogger meetup this summer....

LOL!

If we are both still single by this summer I swear to you I am gonna charm the pants of his behind....or maybe I'll just get him really, REALLY inebriated and just take advantage of him. LMFAO!

Either way that ass is mine! I am putting everyone on notice that I called that shit, I don't even care.....

(I am only 1/2 joking btw...LOL)

Anyways, so we had a nice dinner....with THE BEST Mojito's of life! And trust me....K knows mojitos...I grew up in South Florida, I know what I'm talking about.

After that, we skipped on over to my favorite spot G Lounge where you might remember that I met the infamous Polish Boy. I figured that if it could happen to me, it sure as hell could happen to Troy.

Alas, we got there and it was PACKED. Total fire hazard....and the atmosphere wasn't really conducive to meeting new people or even mingling for that matter. You literally could not walk anywhere in that bitch. Luckily we found a couch close to the door where all of us could ogle at the men who came in and out of the entrance.

There was this cute older guy (guessing mid 30's) standing next to us by himself. He had on a ROOTS shirt with Canada on his chest and I contemplated chatting him up. He looked like the typical lost businessman in town for the weekend who didn't know anyone and was just looking to start up a conversation. He was cute in a very "I iron my chino's while watching Charlie Rose at night" kinda way....which.....at the end of the day.........is really just an elaborate way of saying he looked kinda boring.

LOL!

With that being said...I probably would have talked to him had I not been distracted by Eric and his adorableness. Hehe......

Soooooo, we made our rounds around the round bar a couple of times (dizzy yet?). Plenty of hot guys and the requisite number of chunky and obnoxious fag hags sprinkled around and about. One of them *almost* spilled a drink on my shirt as I was on the way to the bathroom. She is lucky that she caught that shit in time...or else it would have been ON up in that piece! I personally don't have a big problem with drunken rowdiness...but seriously homegirl, you cannot be "backin dat ass up" to whatever tune the DJ is playing while simultaneously holding two full drinks. It's just not gonna work. Focus on bringing those drinks back to whichever mo' you came out with...and then you can focus on dancing. /end rant

So the plan was to stay there until JP came to meet us. Unfortunately because of some car trubs....he wasn't able to make it into town. This is unfortunate because I was totally gonna wingman for him that night.....but another time my friend.

So anyways, next we hit up Barracuda which was full of a bunch of hotties....some of whom I recognized from Connexion stalking "perusing". Eric got groped by a belligerently drunk man named Rufus...or Reginald....or....Rupert....something to that effect, I don't remember. He was just really sloppy and making a complete ass out of himself. Needless to say I (along with everyone else) found him extremely hilarious. Eric almost got a free drink out of him.....but he didn't work it hard enough...he needed to let some of those "goodies" out of the jar. LOL!

So we hung out there for a while. Rufus played a mean joke on me by making me think that some random old lady behind him was his mother. I am usually not that gullible but for whatever reason I believed him when he said he came out to the bar w/ his mom...who.....according to him.....was visiting with his brother from outta town. She kinda looked like that one chick from the Momma and the Papas.....I forget her name but I suppose it is unimportant. Anyways I was telling Rupert how nice it is that he has a mom that is so comfortable with his sexuality and whatnot that she would accompany him to Barracuda. He started laughing at me and was like "dude, I am totally joking....do you really think that fat lady is my mother...OMG COULD YOU JUST IMAGINE IF SHE WAS MY MOTHER...LOLOL". So I look over to Jay and im like..."dude...is this kat serious" and then we both look over to Reginald with the "dude, what the fuck is wrong with you" face on. Dumbass....

Anywho we spent some more time in that bar sightseeing and what not. This hot guy with amazing legs sat across from me when we were in the back of the club. I thought he was pretty cute....but he looked to be high on something and besides, he looked like he was with his boyfriend......boooo on both counts.

Eventually we decided it was getting kinda late and Troy wanted to dance....so we hit up Rush.

When we got there and it was like twink boy central.

LOL!

Y'all know that is so not my thing but the DJ help to rectify the situation by playing some good music. By this time we were all pretty drunk (except for Chris I think) so we were just dancing around and not giving a fuck. It was really fun.....we had a good time there. I think we were there for about an hour or so...I'm not sure....

Anyways last stop of the night was Vlada up in HK. I told Troy previously that I would take him there because it is one of my favorite places in the city and there are always really cute guys there. We hopped on the subway and got in there at maybe 3-something...almost 4 (this will become relevant...trust me).

So we do the whole coat check thing and then we head to the stairs in the back. The downstairs bar was full so there was really no way that we would have been able to get drinks in a timely fashion so I thought it would be a good idea to check what was happening upstairs.

We went up there ordered some drinks and then Chris decided he wanted to scope out some of the guys downstairs again...since we didn't get a good look beforehand. So we are coming down the stairs (far right-hand corner).......



And as we are walking and I IMMEDIATELY recognize a guy who I went to high school and college with. He is currently in med school right now in the city. Now mind you....we know each other....but we don't KNOW each other. You know, we are Facebook friends and we have some mutual acquaintances...but thats about it.....

Anyways, I spotted him out of the corner of my eye as we were walking. Now, you know I didn't want to stop, turn around and get a better look...because you just know whenever you do that, it is at the same time that person decides he or she wants to look up and catch you staring at them. LOL! So, I didn't really get a second look....but I will bet every single CENT that I have in the bank that it was him. I am 100% sure.

Now, I am sure that curious minds are asking, "K.....was he with a guy...was he making out with someone...was he dancing....what was he doing?!?!"

Well, he was with 2 other guys....all with what looked to be full drinks (this will also become relevant) and they were all really "friendly" looking....aka they were all standing around each other...all very touchy-feely and what not.

So I guess the next question y'all are thinking is, "K...why is this a big deal....it seems like another aquaintence of yours that you grew up with is gay and is out in the city....you should be happy"

Now wait for the kicker.......

THIS GUY HAS BEEN...AND IS CURRENTLY STILL IN A 6+ YEAR RELATIONSHIP WITH A GIRL WHO ALSO WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE WITH US AND HE IS ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED TO THIS CHICK AT THE END OF THE YEAR........

So wait....here is my question to you guys.........

Isn't is suspect that a "straight guy" would be at Vlada at almost 4 o'clock in the morning on a Saturday getting cozy and with two other guys.....when his FIANCÉE is at home? (Did I forget to mention that they live together on the UWS)

Someone explain that to me....

Now, I understand that gay clubs/bars aren't just for gay people. Obviously everyone is welcomed. But come on...doesn't make you wonder a bit? Just a weeeee bit?

You know what else is suspicious......

The manner in which he and his friends left.

You see, when I passed him the first time...my initial reaction was panic. This is b/c (lets dub him "Suspect Boy") is the LAST person who needs to see me anywhere near a gay establishment. The boy gossips worse than a woman....real talk.

So, as calmly as I could handle....I told Chris that "I had something funny to tell him once we get upstairs" and I quickly turned around and whisked past Suspect Boy's location (all the while taking great heed to duck behind tall people and not look in his general direction). Once I got upstairs...I told the other guys about what went down and then Chris came up the stairs no more than two minutes later.

He immediately asked me what happened and when I told him he said that he wanted to see this kid. I told him that there was no way I was gonna go back down there and risk running into him again. I made sure to tell him that Suspect Boy was wearing an argyle sweater and he was leaned up against the far left wall. Chris went downstairs to look for him himself and came back up no more than 2 or 3 minutes later saying that he couldn't find the guy. Now remember....no more than 5 or so minutes have elapsed since the time that I first noticed Suspect Boy...

Now, I let the curiosity get the best of me and I decided to accompany Chris downstairs again to see if we could locate Suspect Boy and his "friends". We searched the ENTIRE downstairs area and couldn't find a trace of them.

Now this is all speculation....but for the sake of argument, let's add all these pieces up, shall we......

Am I the only one who thinks that Suspect Boy saw me either as I was coming down the stairs the first time with Chris....or going back up by myself?

Is it a stretch to think that he freaked out when he recognized me and bolted with his friends ASAP?

Remember I said that all of them had seemly full drinks.

Do you think it a coincidence that within five or six minutes of me seeing him in the bar, he and his friends seemly disappeared?

There is no way that they finished those drinks in five minutes....I'm just putting that out there.

Like I said before, just because I saw him at a gay bar doesn't mean he is gay. He could be a fag stag or something....I dunno. But....sometimes you really have to ask yourself what is possible and what is plausible. I mean, it was after 4 AM had he was out (sans g/f) at a gay bar with two other guys and seemingly having a touchy-feely good time.

Riddle me this.....if he wasn't caught in an uncompromising postion.....why would he leave in such a haste?

And....just when you thought the story couldn't get anymore ridiculous....please let me bring your attention to this post that regular readers of my blog will immediately recognize as the aftermath of the situation I had with PR Boy back in the Fall.

Why is this relevant?

Wellll if you scroll down past Aside #4 you will recognize that this was the part of the conversation we had on the phone that centered around "admitting to each other" what guys we would have hooked up with in H.S.

Guess which guy PR Boy said he would have done?

Yeap....that's right.....he said he would hook up with Suspect Boy. If only he knew what I saw on Saturday.......it would make his apparent fantasies so much more realistic. LMFAO! Obviously I will never tell him that I saw Suspect Boy in Vlada.....but it would totally make for a hilarious conversation.

Anyways, I am done thinking about that situation...it has potential to become extremely messy...but if I know Suspect Boy well enough, I am sure he will not open his fucking mouth. I mean...what would he really tell people...."OMG I saw K at a gay bar last weekend, he must be a fag"...........

And then everyones follow up question will be, "Suspect Boy......why WERE YOU in a gay bar and does {insert his fiancé's name} know you are out gallivanting with homosexuals in the wee hours of the morning while you should be at home tending to the future mother of your children."

I don't wanna be bitchy, just throwing that out there........

Anyways, after we were done at Vlada....we headed over to Galaxy Diner where I had some fantastic fried chicken strips and fries at like 5AM. It is perhaps the worst possible thing you could put in your stomach at that hour...but it was so delicious, I didn't care. The meal was also noteworthy because Chris ended up strutting his stuff all the way to the other end of the diner to chat up some aspiring actor.

Everyone else at the table seemed to think he was really cute but I was kinda not impressed. He really didn't do it for me...but whatever. Different strokes for different folks. The moral of that story is.....Chris has bigger balls that the rest of us at that were at that table...because he was the only one who actually had the nerve to go all the way over there, sit and hold a 20 minute convo with this guy. Kudos my friend....too bad you didn't get a number tho....kinda defeats the whole purpose.

Or so I thought before Chris fwd'ed the guy's Connexion account and it revealed that he is vain, self absorbed twat. So good call on not pursuing that buddy!

LOL!

Sunday was fun, I met Troy and Eric for desert in Union Square. We had great conversation as usual and Eric was still frustratingly adorable. (I was secretly hoping that perhaps I had on beer googles the night before so that when I saw him sober I wouldn't be as impressed) We know how that worked out right?

Annnyyways....fast foward to Monday morning where we all met up again on the UWS for brunch and a send off. It was a good meal and a nice way to cap of the weekend.

I can't wait to hang out with them in Chicago this summer....it is gonna be bananas...B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Y'all better be ready for meee!

11 comments:

Closeted said...

Sounds like you guys had a bad ass weekend. And Troy's friend, Eric, seems like a very interestingly hot guy, why wasn't I informed of this...lol.

Only Mark said...

Way to play it cool about Eric...you don't sound desperate AT ALL!! :)

Oh yeah, and "the requisite number of fat and obnoxious fag hags scattered around..." Talk like that is not doing anything to get me up to NY any sooner, K! haha

BTW - You seriously should've had one of the other guys go try to chat up Suspect Boy before he ran out of there...see what the reaction was. Oh well...now you just have to keep your eye out in the future!

Pete said...

How do you always get into situations like this one? LOL

Obnoxious fags I know, but fat??? They're violating the first commandment of poofery: thou shallt be skinny.

dan said...

Sweet weekend! man I'm glad to read all that happened,sounds like a lot of fun, good thing you are getting out there. i hope you are still in nyc when i get back. or maybe we meet up in chicago someday.
anyway, see you online SOON i hope. later.

B said...

Sounds like you had a ton of fun! Can't wait to see Troy here in a few weeks and all of you this summer at the meet up!

Mike said...

BEST LINE EVER...
"but seriously homegirl, you cannot be "backin dat ass up" to whatever tune the DJ is playing while simultaneously holding two full drinks. It's just not gonna work."

Awesome!

Chicago... can't wait...

Troystopher said...

I will keep an eye in Eric until the summer!!! :0)

Thanks for everything this weekend!

jay said...

Did you just call me a ho? Bitch please, hos get way more action than I ever could.

S said...

Jesus. It took me, like, six hours to read this post.

How long did it take you to write it? LOL.

JUSTIN said...

Your engaged friend totally realized what little time he has left to engage in a voracious threesome with his friends before washing the man stink of himself to go home to his little lady.

Mr. X said...

your posts always take me a while to read, but they're always worth it!
hahaha, very funny stuff!