Sunday, October 7, 2007

Interesting Weekend....

I had a somewhat interesting weekend that I want to share, but first I want to say something........

I want to thank everyone who left me a comment on my last post, I really was not in the best place and it is really nice to know that I've got people out there that care enough to leave me some love and support. It is definitely greatly appreciated and it helped to pick up my sprits when I needed it the most. When I started this blog a couple of months ago, I never really imagined it would turn into such an important outlet for me. I have met so many quality guys through this blog and I am just really thankful that I have a support system now that I can turn to when I am dealing with issues that I would ordinarily not be able to talk about with my other friends.

Forgive me for being so sappy, but I really had to put that out there. Now lets talk about my weekend....we will backtrack and talk about yesterday first.......

NO ONE SPEAK TO ME ABOUT THAT TRAVESTY OF A GAME LAST NIGHT IN BATON ROUGE.....I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT, DON'T SAY A WORD TO ME ABOUT IT AT ALL! THANK YOU! {tosses a bottle across the room}

Breathe....

Friday night was quite interesting. I definitely didn't not plan on going out at all. I was gonna spend a quite night going to the gym and then watching a movie, however a guy that most of us are familiar with (Chris) IM'ed me and said that he was coming into the city with his friend and that they were hitting up a gay bar/club. I figured, what the hell...let me throw on something and go out there to meet them.

Surprisingly, I was not nervous....kinda shocking to me seeing as though I've never been to a gay venue before but I guess I just stopping caring that much anymore, I dunno. Anyways, I got dressed and headed out to Heaven and as soon as I walked in it was pretty much total sensory overload. Half nekkid sweaty guys all grinding up on each other...tiny twinks in Ginch Gonch's dancing on the bar....never have I ever seen something like that in real life. To say I was slightly overwhelmed would be an understatement, HAHA!

I went upstairs to meet Chris, all the while ogling the hotties all around. Turns out Friday night is college night, so it was a pretty young crowd (with a few pervy looking 40 yr olds sprinkled around for effect...LOL). Anyways, I met up with Chris (who is even more stunning in person if you can believe it) and we chatted for a while on the couch pointing out all the hotties that were swarming around the bar. Eventually, I decided that I was gonna get kinda liquored up because there was no way in hell I would be able to talk to any of these guys in my sober condition.....bad, I know...sue me.

Anywho, got a couple of Rum & Cokes from the shirtless bartender (who's happy trail was totally distracting me from thinking clearly) and I started chatting with this cute black guy that had taken a seat next to me. Turns out that he is a senior at the Univ. of Rochester in upstate NY and he came down here with his friend. He was bitching because whenever he goes places with this kid he always ends up leaving with some guy and never says anything to him...LOLOL! So now he was searching the 2nd Floor trying to find him. I told him he needs to find better friends, he just shrugged his shoulders and was like "hey, what are you gonna do?" We chatted for a couple minutes about school and whatnot until he said that we was gonna go check downstairs again for him. Pretty interesting kid (from the 10 or 15 mins I spent with him) but clearly nothing to get too excited or worked up about.

I ordered another drink from the bartender and just checked out the guys grinding on the dancefloor. For some reason I just found the whole situation really funny to me. I almost felt like I was one of those Discovery Channel hosts observing "Twinkus Erectus" in their natural habitat...HAHA! For whatever reason the voice inside my head started speaking with an Australian accent like......"Crikey, what do we have here, notice the Twinkus' extremely complex gyrations as he is clearly trying to pick up a mate." It was interesting to say the least.

I headed downstairs to check what was going on down there and it was pretty much the same story as upstairs but with 10x
more people. If I am being honest, I don't really think that the atmosphere was really conducive to meeting people and having a real conversation.........at least not for me. I am not knocking it because I had a good time and I got to enjoy some really nice eye candy but to be honest, that place isn't really my scene. I am much more of a bar/loungy type of guy than a dance club one.......seeing as I don't dance. It was a good experience tho for the most part...the drinks were good and relatively cheap (by NYC standards) the crowd was cool (albeit a bit young and twinky....not exactly my thing) and I had a couple of funny convos with some people while waiting for the bathroom (one with a Polish tourist about exchange rates and the drop in US currency and one with a girl whose boyfriend just broke up with her last night....so she goes out to a gay club to pick up guys? LOL...funny and interesting).

Anyways that was my weekend for the most part. I also picked up a pair of insane Mihara Yasuhiro Pumas yesterday from their Black Store in the Meatpacking District. They look like space shoes, I can't wait to wear them. The color (metallic silver) is totally over the top....even for me. HAHA! Hope everyone had a great weekend, ive got to do some laundry and homework before Brothers and Sisters tonight (the best drama on TV I don't care what you say JR!!)

8 comments:

Pete said...

Haha, sounds like a killer night. Sometimes wish we could trade places, mate! Guess I just have to move to a larger town with dirtier clubs ;-)

Women in gay bars... I'll have to blog about that sometime. Crazy things happen to them.

J.R. said...

Four months ago, did you in your wildest dreams imagine you'd be observing Twinkus Erectuses in their natural habitat??

Progress.

Nothing Golden Stays

Closeted said...

I must agree with JR, it's progress in deed.

Steve said...

You lucky bastard haha. Sounds like a fun time. Though I always wondered how these guys learned their twink habits. Also, we need to petition Blogger to have twink recognized as a real word.

Troystopher said...

Nice to see you ventured out... I have been to Heaven, but isn't called Rush now? Anyways when I went I was one of those boys dancing with my shirt off on the first floor, LOL! Next time I am in NYC we will have to go to some gay clubs/bars together!

JBGBC said...

Oh I remember my first gay bar experience. Such a long time ago. Well actually only 3 years ago. Love the twinkus erectus terminology.

Matt in Argyle said...

1. Brother and Sisters is awesome (I finally got caught up)
2. Good to know I'm not the only gay guy who can't dance and prefers lounges and pubs to dance bars.
3. Nice about the shoes.
4. Shirtless hot bartender = mmmm.

Spenc said...

I catch a lot of flack from my friends for preferring the laid back scene. It's nice to know there are other gays out there who feel the same! At times I feel like my disinterest in overcrowded dance floors negates my sexuality...

You need to get up to the gay venues in HK. Definitely more loungy!