Friday, January 18, 2008

LOL's in the Fitting Room.....

So I dunno if I have discussed this yet but I really, REALLY hate working the women's department of our store...ESPECIALLY THE FITTING ROOMS.

Those bitches drive me crazy.....

You see, I love working the mens department because I can actually KNOW mens clothes. I am actually able to recommend stuff comfortably and confidently. With women...it's 10x more difficult. What the fuck is a camisole? And why do they always want to ask you silly questions like, "does this look sexy on me" or my favorite......"do I look fat in this?"

Homegirl.....if you are wearing a size 12 then you are invariably fat. The question you SHOULD be asking yourself is...."does this (insert article of clothing) complement my figure." I'm sorry if this sounds harsh....but I am so tired of these women putting me in uncomfortable positions by asking questions that they already know the answer to...

I refuse to lie to them....but then again, I am not there to be a bitchy asshole and make you cry when you realize you can't shoehorn your ass into that dress. So now, my default answer to all those kind of questions is "do you feel comfortable in it".

I mean at the end of the day.....that is all that really matters right? If you feel comfortable in a size 12 PENCIL SKIRT (I hope the incongruity of those two things is not lost on anyone) by all means go ahead. It's your world....conquer that bitch.

This is precisely why I like working in the mens department, you will never hear a guy come outta the fitting room asking you...."excuse me sir...do I look fat in these slacks." This EVEN applies to even the most flamboyant of men like Carson Kressley. You're just not gonna see it. For the most part (and I recognize this is generalization...so don't chew me out for it), a man is going into a store with a a predetermined idea of what he needs and a pretty solid sense of what looks good on him/what he prefers.

When I was ginormous, there were certain areas of a store that I just dared not venture. Why is this concept so foreign to so many women? Why are you asking me how come we cut our sizes so small when your homegirl is sitting right there begging you to get the size up. Are you serious? Why are u making a scene and claiming that (insert brand name) is on a personal vendetta against you and all of your other big girlfriends? Why.......after trying every conceivable position to wedge your big ol' behind into that skirt...are you now claiming that "you are just bloated" and that is why it will not zip up.......

Anyways, I'm done with work for the weekend pretty much...so I don't wanna think about it anymore!

In other news.....TROYSTOPHER IS COMING INTO TOWN!!!

Fun times, fun times will be had!

Also, I start school next week....and I am surprisingly looking forward to it. Hope you guys have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Closeted said...

When the F*** were u ever ginormous, I would REALLY like to know...haha

William said...

thats a really funny story. i enjoy reading your blog. keep up the good work.

Will

Pete said...

You, ginormous? WTF?

That's a violation of gay commandment #1. ;-)

It's a good thing we don't have so many really fat people over here, LOL.

K said...

Dude, I used to have a 36 waist. Is that not large? LOL!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

I know, I have to agree, I don't have a problem with a few extra pounds but some girls drive me crazy when whining about being over weight. Girl put the double cheeseburger down when you already have one in your mouth! Don't tell me you are just big boned while inhaling a bag of doritos lying on the couch. Finally don't say you only look at food and get fat, it wasn't when you looked at the food, it was what you did after you saw it! Not being bitchy here because I love my friends no matter what, but I just want them to be honest with what the problem is.

Steven

Mara said...

Hey, I saw your name on my friend Kris's blog and decided to check you out.

Damn... this looks like a post that I would write.

You must love bathing suit season at the store. Some behemoth comes out in a black speedo... "Does this make me look fat?"

"It depends... are you auditioning for a Shamu stunt double?"

LMAO... I love it.

Take care,

Mara

Troystopher said...

Dear K,

You are fucking hott... witnessed in person Saturday night... enought said!

Troystopher