Wednesday, January 2, 2008

You Will Not BELIEVE Who I Ran Into Today....

Isn't it funny how in a city of over 8 million people you can run into a person who you'd never thought you'd see again?

So, as you know I am back in NYC...I decided to come back early to try the whole "Times Square New Years Celebration" and to be honest...I was kinda not that impressed. I am just glad I got out of the melee with my wallet and all my teeth (LOL) but that is neither here nor there.....

Another reason I came back is the fact that I can work full time now at my store for a couple weeks. That is, at least until school starts back up at the end of the month. Fun times....fun times (not)!

Anyways, I ended up being about an hour early for my shift today and since I was in the neighborhood (and I work like 6 blocks away) I decided to stop by Marc Jacobs on Mercer. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love his stuff and even tho like 99% of it is out of my price range...I still manage to pick up cool, reasonably priced stuff there from time to time. This time however, I found something....or rather someone MUCH more interesting than the typical article of clothing or accessory!

I was looking at coats when I heard some giggling in the back of the store. Now, I had my headphones listening to Bloc Party...so you know they had to be loud as fuck. HAHA! I turn over there and I see this man and this chick checking out handbags and having a grand ole time. Now, at first glance it didn't really register....but as I look up again I realized that I recognized him from somewhere.

Now one thing everyone should know about me is that I am horrible with names....but I literally NEVER forget a face. I say that not to toot my own horn....but to say that if I recognize you chances are I either.....

A). Know you from way back when
B). Realize you're famous
C). Recognize that you look eerily similar to someone I know or someone who is famous

So I am standing there next to the rack.....racking my brain trying to figure out who he was....or where the fuck I knew him from. And it took me about two minutes and and a couple of fur-lined coats later until it popped into my head.....

It was THIS GUY y'all!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

Dudes......just like that fateful afternoon in October, my heart started leaping out of my chest. I couldn't believe that I ran into my cruiser again. And less than 3 blocks from where I saw him the last time. Gosh, he must live in SoHo or sumthin....who knows!

Anyways I'm running through scenarios in my head......

"Should I talk to him?"
"Should I run out?"
"Should I make eye contact?"
"Do I even want to talk to him?"
"Who is that girl he is with?"
"Is that his g/f?....OMG what if it is wife?"
"Wait...maybe it his fag hag...."
"Or it could be his sister...."
"But still...wouldn't that still be brazen to approach?"
"Did he see me?"
"OMG I look like shit right now...."

LOLOL.....so my mind is going a million miles a minute...so I decided to turn around and look at the stuff I had already passed just so I would have my back towards them. I figured that would give me more time to process everything.

So I was at that section of the rack for farrrrrrr too long just shuffling through the same shit over and over and over again. LMFAO! I think I was making the guard nervous....he prob thought I was gonna make a run for it with some merchandise....and really, could you blame him? I'm pretty sure I was sweating like a whore in church!

I finally settled on the "turn around slowly and make your way to the back of the store trying to look cool, calm and collected and see if he makes eye contact with you and subsequently recognizes you" routine.

Ask me how that went............





D-I-S-A-S-T-R-O-U-S

Seeing as tho I am so slick, I turned around not realizing that there was a nice old lady behind me and I ran right into her...clearly making a scene. LMFAO! So much so, that Cruiser Man and his lady friend stopped their giggling long enough to look over in my direction and survey all the commotion....

He looked at me......like we made eye contact......but he didn't look "AT" me. Does this make sense? It like when you take a cursory look at something that grabs your attention of a second...but you really don't LOOK at it. I dunno if I am explaining this right...I kinda don't know how to describe it but hopefully you get it. Haha......

After that...I thought it would just be a good idea to turn around and get the fuck out of the store. I didn't feel like getting myself into any more overly awkward situations. And although he was still REALLY...REALLY fucking hot, it didn't seem worth it to try to grab his attention or pursue him anymore. Maybe if he was alone I would have been more forward....I dunno. I just thought that it was weird that I saw him again....so close to where I met him before.

Why couldn't I have meet him again at Barracuda...or Therapy....or Vlada......or Gym?

Perhaps then we could actually have some sort of conversation like "Hey you who cruised me last year....what IS your name exactly?"

LMFAO!

9 comments:

Pete said...

Fur-lined coats? You pimp!

Giggling about handbags counts as gay in my book tho.

S said...

Smooth...

JUSTIN said...

HAHA - good thing my Roomie is awake, or else I would have just woken her up!

JP Mac said...

damn... you shoulda went up to him and said hi. Why not.. it's New York...

Matt in Argyle said...

hahahaha, nice man, very nice

Mike said...

I'm jealous... like watching him and he is a hot guy.

Are you stalking him?

Love how you hold the suspense up until the very end.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Haha! Say did you ever think maybe the old lady was trying to pick you up? Haha! Maybe that was why she stood close to bump into you!

If he just picks up guys on the street, then don't be too surprised that he did not seem to remember you. Besides you already have a man or two or three! ;)

Steven

dit said...

You just might meet him again, that is the thrill of it. Love how you made us wait for the outcome.

I love Manhattan.

J.R. said...

Haha. Dunno if I'll ever figure out the key to getting some guy's attention without having a very obvious "in." Or without being very obvious myself—which I'm way to shy to do at this point in my life!

But hey, you should go ahead and try... work out the kinks, and then teach me.

Nothing Golden Stays