Thursday, November 1, 2007

So I Am Out......



LOL!

Well that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be at all.

So Columbia Girl and I went out to the Village Halloween Parade. A lot of very creative people out there in the world I must say. My favorite was the drunk Britney Spears drag queen who wore her VMA's outfit with a bag of cheetos in one hand and then two naked cabbage patch dolls on ropes in the other. She/He would walk a couple of feet and then drop the babies on the floor and then bust into a drunk dance move then stumble.....I thought I would pass out from the laughter!

There were also this group of Asian kids who went as Tetris blocks and they all fit together......sooooo cute. HAHA!

Anyways.....I enjoyed myself even tho we got there really late and couldn't get a good spot to see everything. Whatever...I had bigger things on my mind most of the night. Before I left my place I was on the phone with VJ psyching myself out.....clearly it worked.

After the parade we hit up the Pita Grill for something quick and healthy to eat. I honestly don't even remember much of what we were talking about before I dropped the bomb. All I knew was that this was the time....I had her alone....it was a quiet, chill place.....and everyone was in a positive mood. Here's how it went down.......

Columbia Girl: {Drinking Soup}
Me: Ahhhhhhh
Columbia Girl: What's Up?
Me: Ummmm Well..... {stares blankly at her}
Columbia Girl: Haha, what is it K? You should see your face....
Me: I have something to say to you
Columbia Girl: WHAT?!?! Sheesshhh {giggles}
Me: {stares}
Columbia Girl: Ok K......stop it now....you are starting to scare me....seriously!
Me: Sigh....
Columbia Girl: OMG it is something bad isn't it.......are you sick?
Me: Oh God no...na na na.....
Columbia Girl: Is it your parents....are they ok?!?! TELL ME...IM NERVOUS!
Me: I'm Gay........




Me: Yea....so......yea
Columbia Girl: Wait, wait, wait, wait {whips hands in the air} WHAT!?!
Me: You heard right....
Columbia Girl: OMG I CANT TELL IF YOUR SERIOUS RIGHT NOW...YOU JUST SAID IT SO DEADPAN....ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Me: Yes
Columbia Girl: OMG, OMG...You DID NOT just say you like boys right now! {statement}
Me: Ummm, well I prefer men....but yea.....
Columbia Girl: {rolls eyes and claps hands over soup....leans in} OMG....since when?!?!
Me: Uh....1984?
Columbia Girl {rolls eyes exaggeratedly} K...stop playing!
Me: Haha....well yea, I've always known
Columbia Girl: O-M-G....
Me: You mean to tell me you had no idea?



Me: Columbia Girl?????
Columbia Girl: STUPID!
Me: Wait....what?
Columbia Girl: AND THIS WHOLE FUCKING TIME I JUST THOUGHT YOU WERE JUST REALLY METROSEXUAL......OMG WHO ELSE IS GAY!?!?!
Me: LMAO
Columbia Girl: HAHAHAHA
Me: So like.....this is a complete shock?
Columbia Girl: Well yea.....I mean....don't get me wrong....I'm totally OK with it....it doesn't change who you are to me...you still K....BUT O-M-G!!!!
Me: LOL, and here I am thinking that I haven't been fooling anyone...
Columbia Girl {scoffs} Ummm yea....well not so much!
Me: HAHA
Columbia Girl: So wait.....Am I the first one?
Me: Yea I figured out of all my friends...you would take it the best....I mean I was still scared shitless...but I figured that you would be supportive....and really....you are the only one that I can see myself talking to about this.
Columbia Girl: OMG....IM HONORED! {clutches pearls and gasps}

Aside #1: So yea.....those of you who read my blog regularly will realize that this last statement wasn't the "total" truth. I mean, PR Boy and Delta Boy already pretty much know I am gay...but I am not categorizing those situations. For me, this is the first time I really sat someone down and came out on my own accord, emphatically and absolutely.

Me: I trust you not to say anything to anyone else.....I know I really don't have to say that to you..but yea.....I am not ready to come out yet totally.
Columbia Girl: Oh....I totally understand....there is no way I would say anything...please take your time....this is a HUGGEEE STEP...MY GOD!
Me: Yea it is
Columbia Girl: You know tho K.....all our friends....if you talked to them....it wouldn't matter...they are all really smart and open, liberal....
Me: Yea
Columbia Girl: They wouldn't care.....please...it wouldn't phase them at all
Me: Im still not ready
Columbia Girl: Oh I know, I know....but just so you can sleep a little easier....OMG you must feel like a huge weight has been lifted??!?!!
Me: I'm still kinda in shock actually.....let me have everything settle first
Columbia Girl: YOU IN SHOCK!!!!!!
Me: HAHA....sorry
Columbia Girl: Jesus......how did you not have a breakdown yet.....I can't imagine you keeping this in for so long
Me: Yea, I've broken down many times.....but in private......I am very good at putting what I want out there.....you remember how I always use the expression 'smoke and mirrors' and everyone thinks it is a cute lil' joke.....
Columbia Girl: LMAO....NO WONDER
Me: Yea
Columbia Girl: Wow, who knew when I left my apartment this evening....the parade would be the LEAST exciting part of the night?!?!?!
Me: Yea
Columbia Girl: I'm so happy for you....OMG.....you're like......just starting your life for real now...HOW EXCITING!
Me: Yea...and scary
Columbia Girl: Oh....of course, of course.....so like.....have you been out yet?
Me: Not really
Columbia Girl: Are you even ready for that? Or do you need to settle first?
Me: I mean...I've been out to some bars....but nothing really serious....I dunno if it is totally my scene yet...we will have to see.
Columbia Girl: Oh, I totally understand....ohhhh man.....you're gonna have so much FUN! You are in NEW YORK of all places!
Me: That is 1/2 the reason I came actually.....
Columbia Girl: NO WONDER! Geeze K......in hindsight I feel so silly....because I should have known...but like....since it isn't a big deal for me either which way...I guess I never really connected the dots
Me: Yea...Like.....you have known me for like 7 years now......have you ever seen me with a girl?
Columbia Girl: YOU SEEEEE.....Shit like that.....I shoulda picked up on....HAHAHA
Me: LOL...I forgive you
Columbia Girl: Hahaha....

Anyways....that is basically the gist of it. We stayed for about 2 hours just talking about random stuff....who would take it well, who probably wouldn't.....what is the best way to come out to the parents in the FAR distant future....etc etc etc. Overall a really good talk, nothing has changed....I met her for lunch today and it was like nothing happened last night at all. Basically, it is what everyone who is out now has been saying to me...once people find out.....they will be kinda shocked at first....but then it is like whatever...business as usual. That is comforting....although the situation is MUCH different with parents!!!

I don't even want to think about that right now....baby steps guys....baby steps!

Now, if you would excuse me....I've got to head out to LGA to get Rocket Scientist so we can get pissy and belligerent tonight....haha! Have a good one!

Ohhhh and Happy Early Birthday Pete!!! You old dog you....have fun tonight and tomorrow!

11 comments:

J.R. said...

Congrats, dude! You pegged her pretty good, a cool chick who would take it well. Awesome that she's ready to help and encourage your coming out process.

Nothing Golden Stays

eliot said...

congrats!
- eliot
http://www.dailybriefing.wordpress.com

Closeted said...

Sounds like she's an AWESOME friend, CONGRATS and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

JBGBC said...

Congrats!!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Woohoo! Glad it went well K! I like the way you always make us feel we are right there listening in on your conversation.

Steven

Troystopher said...

YAY!

Congrats!

Pete said...

Hey, dude, you're ageing too!

But thanks anyway. Congrats on the talk and b-day and I hope you have a smashing night.

Mike said...

Congratulations!!!!
Sounds awesome!!! I love your little side notes, descriptions, and pictures... they only add to the story.

Queen of Arts said...

about damn time.

not only have you come out to someone, but now you have your *first fag hag.*

ben said...

Sounds as amazing and relieving at it should have been.

Congratulations man!

W said...

Congrats batty boi! now get yourself some nice toys :) Why don't I know when your b'day is? Wait I can't add you on FB.

Oldie but goldie!