Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hollywood...Stop Ruining My Childhood!!!!!

Ok, I really should be writing a paper right now but something has been brought to my attn that I just have to rant about for a second.

One of my friends from back home just emailed to inform me that Twentieth Century Fox is going to be remaking one of my all time favorite cartoons growing up.......Dragon Ball Z



THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

Even more egregious is the fact that they cast Justin Chatwin as Goku. (the main character of the series for those who are not familiar with the cartoon or original comic)

Who was in charge of casting for this bitch?

Justin Chatwin?
Really?
Was there no one else?

Do you see it?



Because I really can't.....

And by the way....how are you gonna make a Dragon Ball Z movie without Vegeta as the primary villain?

Bottom line, Hollywood this is an open letter....

Please, stop raping my childhood by producing these half-assed remakes of my favorite cartoons/shows/series with shitty casting and even shittier plot-lines. Just stop now! Be original and come up with a new and exciting concept and leave well enough alone. Gosh, and just when I finally getting *used* to a live-action remake of Speed Racer (which actually has pretty good casting) someone has to go and steal another piece of my childhood, ugh! Warner Brothers is even doing a remake of Thundercats for goodness sake!

IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE?

3 comments:

dit said...

I'd like to see him naked. lol

dan said...

this show was huge in honduras when I lived there, and I remember the kids always srawing goku in their notebooks. ha.
also on the street, the honduran men and boys would be crowded around the corner store at 5 everyday straining to watch dragonballz on the small black and white tv behind the checker on the wall. very cool.

Unknown said...

I think you've reacted too much! Agree that choosing an US actor for an Asian role was so weird but I think Chatwin is OK! He has done quite well :)