Thursday, October 11, 2007

L-M-A-O!

Ok, you guys are gonna be rolling on the floor with this one.

Sooooooo, I am at work right.....and I am entering some data into my computer. Basically, that is what I do for 16 hours a week. Boring I know...but I make really good money so I really can't complain. And then don't forget there is the whole boss attraction clusterfuck......

Actually if I am being honest I have been doing really well on that front. I've been totally avoiding him as much as possible, trying not to stare at him and trying my damnedest not to notice how he lightly traces his pecs and abs through his shirt whenever he walks around the office.

I am doing REALLY well......PROMISE!









Who am I kidding, I'm totally smitten with this guy........

But dudes, it's dangerous, it's wrong...annndddd it's unhealthy.........

DAMMIT!





Anyways, this is where the story become absolutely fucking hilarious.

You guys remember how I went to the gay bar/club last Friday right? Keep that fact in mind!

So the boss pulls up a chair next to me and sits down to look at the Excel spreadsheet that I am working on. He finds some problems with some of the things that I have entered and kinda chews me out. Honestly, my head wasn't there today and I made a shitload of silly mistakes that he kept on running across, it happens. Whatever, at least he seemed just slightly annoyed and not totally pissed off. Anywho, he was kinda reaching over my right side to get to get to the keyboard and mouse in order to make some corrections. My phone was on the desk, laying between me and the bottom of the keyboard.

As he reaches over to type, I get a text message. Now for those of you not familar with the iPhone, when you get a text...it shows up in a pretty large sized, blue bubble in middle of the screen. Sigh..............

This is what it said.......

"BOIPARTY@B.NITE.COM (CAMPUS THURSDAYS) FREE W/ TEXT TILL 1AM, $5AFTER. BOIPARTY.COM W17 5-6AVE!"

Ok....ok, ok i'll give everyone their chance to laugh and point at me....


So now, I am FURIOUSLY tapping at the screen trying make it go away when it retrospect, all I had to do was click the lock button on the top. D'oh....fucking idiot! So now all the failing arms along with the vibrating phone got his attention.

I know he read it because then he looked up, looked at my face and fucking smirked! HE SMIRKED!

When I finally got the text to go away I look up again...and he says "Are you finished? Any time you're ready!" THANK GOD I am physically unable to blush....because I swear to god I would have been red like a tomato!

Can you imagine? I totally forgot that I gave my phone number to the promoters that was standing in front of the door at the club. Now I gonna be getting "BOIPARTY" texts at inopportune times for the rest of my life.

Can I just say....I was so self-concious and freaked out the rest of the day....I am pretty sure I was shaking at one point. I mean, I don't even really know why.....I already know that he is gay so it shouldn't be such a big deal, right? And I am POSITIVE he read the text...because you should have seen the change in his facial expression after he processed it...it was like straight out of the fucking movies....and you should have seen this smirk. It was a knowing smirk! He totally knows I am gay now.

What a way to inadvertently come out at work!

If I am being honest with you guys tho...I have to say that I have been snickering all evening long. This shit is actually quite hilarious! Let's see what happens tomorrow at work......should be interesting, no?


EDIT: I just remembered that today is National Coming Out Day.....how fitting!

8 comments:

Closeted said...

LMAO!!!...how fitting indeed, way to go Twin.

J.R. said...

Is it possible his smirk was just a show of bemusement born of the fact that you were freaking out about getting a text (in general) in front of the boss?? Hey, you were there and I wasn't -- just making sure you consider all the possibilities: some guys smirk easy and some smirks are a lot more benign. But you saw the smirk, and if it seemed a little more insinuating than usual... well, like you said, at least he's gay! Shouldn't be a big deal.

Nothing Golden Stays

Troystopher said...

I get those same text messages every week!

Happy National Coming Out Day!

Pete said...

I'd say it was the "my gaydar was right" smirk. I do that too.

Makes for interesting office parties though... ;-)

W said...

I am going to be horrible as usual and say that you ought to hug him and wish him Happy Coming Out Week.

Can't wait to fall off something tall and into your manicured hands, my love!

JBGBC said...

Yeah, that sux but funny nonetheless.

JUSTIN said...

Hahaha...fucking hysterical K! I can't wait to see what this leads to.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Lol, busted! Nah don't worry about it. Now what will you do if he sits you down, tells you he is crazy about you and wants to go out? My bad, just playing with your mind.

Steven.