Sunday, September 23, 2007

My #1 Concert In NYC was.........



Mildly Successful.

There is really not much to say past that. It was fun, but definitely nothing to write home about. Talib Kweli had a pretty good set and his back up singers were amazing but since he isn't as commercial as the other main act....I don't think the crowd got into him as much.

Mark Ronson was the DJ for the entire event. He played a good mix of old and new school Hip-Hop and Dancehall that pretty much kept everyone on their feet for most of the evening. Again, nothing really spectacular...but he kept it entertaining....plus it doesn't hurt that he is hottie.


The main act of the evening was Dancehall artist, Sean Paul. I've seen him many times before in concert in Jamaica and in the UK...so I am kinda familiar with his stage show. Very high energy and the dancers that he has are always on point. He played all his big hits like "We Be Burning", "Gimme The Light" and "Temperature". The crowd was totally into in, even tho he came on HOURS late.



And while we are kinda on the subject of burning...can I just say that it pretty seemed like 70% of the people there were smoking weed. LOL! I don't even know why I found that funny or even surprising....but I am pretty sure that I came back to my building smelling like a dime bag. LOL! (For the record I don't smoke....but I don't have an issue with people who do).

Perhaps that is why the front desk attendant and security guard to my building were looking at me all crazy when I walked in. HAHA, fun times........

As for PR Boy, he was on his best behavior....and only had one Mojito (as did I) the whole night. So no drama to report on that front. Oh, by the way....the Mojito that I had was BANGING! Im definitely spoilt when it comes to my Mojito's, living in South Florida all those years...but I have to say that the one I had last night was the best that I have had in a long long time. The guy who made it was also AMAZINGLY hot....I'm pretty sure he is a model...there really is no way that he could be anything else. I tried to snap a pic of him...but an iPhone isn't the best device for trying to take inconspicuous photos of someone. Oh well....you are just gonna have to trust me.

Anyways....I'm off to study for my ridiculous Neuropsychology test tomorrow. Pray for me please...I have to admit...I am kinda nervous.

4 comments:

Pete said...

Nice one, especially the booze control. Mark Ronson, didn't he produce Amy Winehouse's record?

Closeted said...

Sounds like good times and GOOD LUCK with your first test in grad school.

Mike said...

Good luck on the test!!!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Glad nothing strange happened, like you know who hitting on you - again.
Good luck with the test!