Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Awkward Convo In The Village / My First Day of Class

Interesting day to say the least.....

#1: I met with Columbia Girl in the Village for lunch. We picked up a couple of sandwiches from a local deli and sat outside to people watch........ aka my favorite activity of life. While in Washington Square Park I came to a realization......THEY'RE SOOOOO MANY HOT GUYS IN NEW YORK! Tall ones, short ones, black ones, white ones, preppy ones, indie ones......sigh......the list on and on ad infinitum. I wish they were all gay....every last one of them (or at least bi)....wouldn't that make my life so much easier?

Anyways, while we were in the park we got to talking about life and relationships....all of you in the closet know how iffy and incredibly awkward these conversations can get. So we got to talking which one out of our little group is going to get married first. LOL! This is the same exact convo that I had with Rocket Scientist and Whorehouse Boy in Orlando before I left Florida...interesting.

Anyways we both agreed that Whorehouse Boy is gonna get married first out of all the guys in our clique because he is the most easy going. Then I said that Rocket Scientist would go next (in marriage)...but he would be the first out of all the guys to get a girl pregnant. LOL! She totally co-signed on my observation. But wait...this next part of the convo is where things start to get super interesting. She went on to say that I will be the last of the guys to get married.

RED FLAGS START GOING UP EVERYWHERE!!!!

For whatever reason I decided to tackle her assertion head on, so I agreed with her and asked her why she felt this way.....somewhat torn between wanting her/not wanting her to just say "well because I think you are gay".

So what did she say?!?!?!

"K....I just really feel like you are an incredibly picky guy and it is gonna be really hard to find a girl who meets all your standards because I know you will not settle."

LMFAO...girl if you only knew WHY it will be impossible for me to find a girl who meets all my standards!

This would have been a perfect time to just come out to her but of course I just clammed up and didn't say anything except mildly agreeing with her. AARRRGGGGG why is this so hard? I know I am gonna come out to her sometime soon I should have just done it....she basically gave me a wide opening and I just fumbled it. Oh well, I will have another chance in the future I suppose.

So I am sitting there with her, hoping that would be the end of the conversation.....oh no, not so fast K.

" You know what, I know you pretty well and I have excellent taste if I do say so myself....I am gonna pick out your future wife...right here in the park!"

LOL....I love this girl to death, but she needn't do that.....REALLY!

"Oooo how about that one over there, she is so pretty....and she looks trendy....you would look amazing together...dontcha think?"

I just neutralized the convo by letting her know that there way no way that I would find a future wife....or even a girlfriend in a park. She stuck to her guns and insisted that you never know when or were you might meet the love of your life. This is true, but I can assure you the love of my life will not be anything along the lines of what she is thinking. Anyways...we walked a bit more to pass some time in the afternoon...and then it was time for me to get ready for class....so we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

-----------------------------------------------------

#2: My first class as a grad student was pretty interesting. My professor is an adorable 66 year old man who reminds me of the postman from Cheers.

Anywho, he is really interesting and engaging so I doubt that I will be falling asleep in class.....always a good thing when your paying almost $1000 per credit, ECK!

As for hotties in my class.....one word.....nonexistent.

I suppose this is a good thing because it will enable me to actually focus, however it really is a shame that I will not be having any eye candy in Statistics this semester.

-----------------------------------------------------

#3: So I took my ginormous ass to the gym tonight for the first time and let me say.......I am going every single fucking day JUST for the eye candy. I felt like such a kid in a candy store...I had a hard time focusing on what I was *trying* to do. LOL! Is this really surprising to anyone?

Anyways, I finally was able to focus...........on this one hottie in a red cutoff T-shirt. God he was so cute, tall, baby face, cute smile, and the most perfect arms (please hold me). I could tell he was kinda cocky too...but he would try to be slick with it. He would pretend like he was stretching but really he was just trying to flex in front of the mirror, LOL! Some people....actually most people would find this to be a total turn off but for some reason.....I found it kinda hot! I have been sitting here for a couple of minutes trying to figure out why I would think that was attractive and really I cannot come up with anything....but something doesn't feel right about it.

Maybe I am just overanalyzing again....I mean I am a psychologist in training.

2 comments:

Closeted said...

Why didn't you tell me these things earlier, making me wait to read it BASTARD...haha jk, awkward convo in deed.

Matt in Argyle said...

Well, yes an awkward convo, but I'm happy to read that you are enjoying NYC! Now I have to come and visit!!!