Monday, July 16, 2007

You Must Be Joking!

I never really thought that seemingly intelligent people could be so incredibly fucking stupid.

Today I was at work and I happened to overhear a conversation going on between 3 middle-aged men who work in my department. One of them was discussing how worried he is about "the road" that his little, 5 year old son is going down. Just wait until you hear the reason behind his trouble.........

Apparently his son is adamant about only drawing and coloring with pink and purple crayons. All of the artwork he produces in school and all the doodling he does at home are in "fruity colors". He is worried that maybe this is a sign that his son harbors homosexual tendencies or is in the beginning stages of "turning gay". ( his own words!)

You know because clearly.......






He is freaking out because when he talked to his wife about the situation she just blew him off and told him he was acting ridiculous. (thank god someone has some fucking sense in that house!) As a result of his wifes' inaction he decided to take it upon himself to have a heart to heart chat with his son and explain to him that those colors are for girls and boys should not like them. Clearly this didn't stop "Billy's" (he never mentioned his son's name) subsequent usage of the apparent international fag colors. (me being facetious)

So now, in order to stop his 5 year old son's seemingly rapid descent into sodomy, he took it upon himself to take away all the child's pink and purple crayons........

I am not joking, I couldn't make this up if I tried.....i'm hardly that creative.

Needless to say that little Billy was not happy, and I suppose he threw a huge, nelly fit and his mother bought him more pink and purple crayons.

Now while this story is extremely hilarious, and I admit that I was snickering in my cubicle........when you get right down to it, it is actually quite sad. How can it be that there are still people in 2007 that are so incredibly ignorant and ill informed? It's even worse when you take into account that these are "supposedly" highly educated men with advanced degrees and the like.

Add that to the fact that not one of the men listening to this guy's crazy ass story called him on his ridiculousness. In fact, one of them even relayed a story about how his now 13 year old son used to play house and have tea parties with his older sister before he came in to put a stop to it. Because he didn't want his son to turn into a "flamer". Yes sir, having your son play these types of role-playing games when they are little is really going to make him crave the cock when he grows up.

I thought I was in a parallel universe, I could not believe the bullshit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of a time I was working at the Magic Kingdom and a boy wanted a "light chaser." The issue was that the boy wanted a tinkerbell light chaser but the father refused.

However there was another instance that the same thing happened with another little boy wanted a Cinderella light chaser and the father bought it without question.

J.R. said...

Message to idiot parents: If you have to explain to your son that pink and purple are "fag colors," it must be because he doesn't know they're "fag colors." Therefore, if he doesn't know what the colors "mean," he isn't using them to make a statement about being gay!!

Nothing Golden Stays

JUSTIN said...

What a moron! I feel bad for his son.

Travis said...

This is sad and really the view of a lot of americans. Wouldn't he rather have his son grow up feeling supported in whatever he choses?

Queen of Arts said...

I am always amazed at how easy it is for someone to become misinformed even when faced with substantial facts and information. Selective learning, perhaps?

I dunno, it makes me wanna rant.