Tuesday, February 12, 2008

On The Job Interview...

Ok, so last Friday I had big job interview at a major fashion house on the UES.

Overall, it went really well! I finally found something appropriate to wear after turning my entire closet upside down and inside out. HAHA! Dudes, I even got a complement from this female security guard when I was walking out of the subway on 5th. She was like...."looking good buddy" and I smiled and said "thank you." It was a really nice pick-me-up when I really needed the extra boost of confidence.

Anyways, walked into the store and it was ridiculous. People opening doors, others handing out sparkling water, UES moms in fur coats (even tho it was kinda hot that day)...it was like I was in another world.

And then I got to this lady's office.....OMG

I totally felt like Anne Hathaway in that scene in the Devil Wears Prada when she hands her resume to Miranda and she in turn gives her the 'once over'...........

I WAS MAD SCARED YO!!!!

But all my worries were for naught because once she removed that facade...we became fast friends, just chit-chatting away.

She admitted to me that she picked my resume out of the lot because she saw that I graduated from UF and she is originally from Florida.

SCCCOOORRREEE!

When pressed, I found out that she actually grew up in my home town. (which was not indicated on my resume btw)

CRAZY RIGHT?!?!?!?!

Even better....she graduated from our cross-town rival High School! Can you believe it is such a small world?

So everyone probably thinks that I got the job...because clearly me and "my Miranda" had a connection..right?

Well...no, not really. You see, they are looking for someone who can devout 35+ hours a week and clearly I cannot do that seeing as tho I am a full-time grad student. It is a shame really because I think I would have a fun in that store..AND YOU KNOW THE PAY IS REDONK + COMMISSION!!!

I'd been rollin it it for realz!

Oh well, she told me to call her after I graduate if I ever need a job. I might look into that...you never know. Although, if I am being honest, I might just head straight into a doctoral program after my MA. I really have no idea what I am gonna do with my life after 2009.

Perhaps I can just win the lotto and fly my ass on over to the South Pacific.....buy an Island, get some cabana boys in sarongs and just chill out.

4 comments:

Christopher said...

Congrats on a good interview, even if the offer isn't to be.

There's no such thing as having too many good interview skills.

-C

dit said...

Nothing like a feeling after a good interview.

The Island idea sounds grand.

B said...

Yeah, congrats!

dickophile said...

ill be on the island next to yours. hit me up.