Saturday, October 25, 2008

Should I Give Up My iPhone?

So I love love love my iPhone...but lets be serious, it is becoming kinda ubiquitous no?

It seems like everyone has one now, and while this is great news for my AAPL shares, it kinda sucks the individuality right out of me...haha!

Hence why I got super-duper excited when I heard about this brand new baby....





The AURA features the world’s first circular display with 16 million colors and 300 dpi resolution.


The display is covered with Grade 1, 62-carat sapphire crystal lens, one of the most scratch-resistant materials on earth, and the housing is crafted from stainless steel that is electro- and hand polished, chemically etched, and PVD coated. The handset has an assisted-opening blade that is comprised of a Swiss-made, custom-engineered rotating mechanism with 130 precision ball bearings and custom Tungsten Carbide Coated Gears.

To separate the phone from the full, we should tell you that the AURA sports quad-Band GSM 850/900/1800/1900, EDGE, a 2 MP Fixed Focus camera, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR with A2DP, text and email messaging, multimedia playback, and a yet to be named open source browser. It is expected to launch worldwide at the beginning of Q4 2008.

So the specs are super-duper whack but listen, it is sooo pretty HAHA!

Just like I like my men, beautiful with no substance....

LMFAO...JUST KIDDING!!!!

But seriously, this phone reminds me of the Motorola V70 I used to have back in like 03. Back in the day, that shit was a showstopper! I mean at that point, no other phone on the market had a rotating bezel. Then I traded up to the V80 that had the rotating faceplate and crazy rhythm lights that responded to whatever sounds were in the environment. HA! I was young and dumb...and I thought that 'ish was so fresh! LOL!

Fast forward to 08...and you can see that this phone isn't really that impressive at all....

And then I come to find out that it's gonna cost $1,999 at launch....

THEY MUST BE HIGH AS HELLLLLLL!

For that kinda money, that phone better give me one touch dialing to Jesus himself!

Can you hear me now?

4 comments:

Stephen Chapman said...

I've never understood peoples obsession with having the latest mobile phone. To me, as long as it's light and easy to use, that will do for me.

AND it's weird, because I LOVE gadgets and have lots of them.

What am I missing?!

Sam. I. Am. said...

Motorola are shit though.


Like their interface hasn't changed since 2002!

If you've had one motorola, you've had them all....

Mike said...

Um... all I could think about was how ugly that was while reading your post.

My iPhone practically does my homework though, I would never give it up.

dit said...

i love my iphone too. 8-)