Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Settling In.....

So I am writing this post from my new apartment in Washington Heights. I am so happy with this place, it is a shame that I only can have it until September, I totally love my room and the neighborhood looks really nice (from what I've seen so far). I can see Fort Washington from the lobby of my building....and it is really quite nice. I also have a huge window in my bedroom that gets great light in the afternoon, so everything is copacetic!

As for the roomies, well we already know one is cool and I have yet to meet the other one...but apparently she is a really cool chick too. I trust Columbia Girl's judgement sooo I am feeling really cool about the situation, however this IS my first time living with females other than my mother, so who is to say what will happen...right?

I figure gay guys and girls would make for an ideal living situation....I mean look at how well Will and Grace turned out?

LOL!

Too bad we don't actually live on the Upper West Side, that would have made it perfect! In any case, I am happy with my living situation right now and I really cannot complain.

I actually came home tonight to dinner from Columbia Girl. She made chicken and broccoli and it was fantastic! Aren't you jealous? I didn't even ask for it...she just decided that she wanted to make it. I guess this is what my dad feels like when he gets home from work...LMFAO! I'm definitely gonna be cooking up a storm this weekend to pay her back for her generosity, I just haven't figured out what I am gonna make yet. One thing is for sure, I am excited to throw down in this kitchen. I mean it is truly HUGE, I've totally gotta put it to good use.

Anywho, in other news...I am so excited for this weekend because my Dutch brother from a different mother, Pete, is coming into town and we are gonna have a crazy time. He is one blogger that I have really been looking forward to meeting irl and I believe that we will definitely have some stories come next week

LOL! And dudes, could he have picked a better weekend to come?

Come on......Memorial Day Weekend?

ANDDDD IT IS FLEET WEEK IN THE CITY!

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS RIGHT?


A bunch of horned up sailors descending into the city to let loose and "blow off some steam"

DADT baby! *wink*

LMFAO!

Dudes, there is gonna be seamen flowing in the street!!!!!!!*







* And of course by seamen, I actually mean seamen and not what you probably thought I meant. Although if the aforementioned seaman is cute enough perhaps we could then work out some sort of arrangement whereby I could possibly help him release his "other seamen".

In a safe and equitable manner of course.....

6 comments:

Anonymous Blogger said...

love seaman on the street, haha.

Joe in the OC said...

What a shame Ethan & Ben are no longer a couple. What will Ginch Gonch do now? It's like the time when Rod & Bob split or Chip & Reichen, you know? Really sad...

dan said...

hope it was a FUN weekend bud.
can't wait to hear. oh yeah, about the new roomies, just wait until you see all the HAIR in the shower... ha. take care and hope to see you online again soon.later.

dit said...

Hope you had a great weekend. Your new place sounds great. Go on . . . tell us what you cooked in that amazing kitchen!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

You and Pete, uh oh... look out! ;)

Pete said...

yeah, that was one cracking weekend! Too bad everything winds down so early. Loved the Ritz, Therepy, G and all those other places we went too!

Still feel like I have missed lots of other places to visit, but you can't have it all. Was really cool meeting you and Jay, and I'll def be back when the bank allows it! ;-)

And of course you're welcome to visit... You know which place is calling you! ;-)