Thursday, May 1, 2008

NYC Is So Random....

One of the reasons that I enjoy this city so much is because at any time of the day you can get into the most random shit...

I was at the Barnes and Noble in Union Square looking for a book to help me with my Personality Theories paper when my friend Ryan called me up.....

"K, I don't know where you are but get over to the Virgin Megastore right now, Robyn is about to perform!"



I was like...."word....save me a spot"

Now, I have to admit, I really don't follow her music that much. I only know of some songs in passing and I remember that she had that one dance hit back in the 90's when I was like middle school or something....so I was kinda out of place with all the other hardcore fans who were singing along to every word.

Nevertheless, I had a great time. She is as CUTE AS A BUTTON and so so gracious. I am definitely a fan. I've gotta catch up to everyone else and start checking out ol' homegirl's music now.

And let me tell you....apparently Robyn brings out all the hot gay men because the Virgin Megastore felt like G or Barracuda when I walked up in there. Sooooo many hotties. (Including the guy that Ryan bought a drink for at B Bar, Jay....LOLOLOLOL!)

Anyways, here are some pics....we had an excellent spot, but I've gotta say, I've got a MASSIVE headache now from the speakers. I was tooo closssseeeee!







Only in NYC!

5 comments:

jay said...

Love her! The new CD is awesome. It's gotten rave reviews. And yes, only in NYC would you run into someone over and over again.

I swear I've run into less ppl in Pittsburgh.

null said...

run into someone over and over again. [smirk] giggles.

sorry. hi. i read your blog.

Jeff said...

don't know who the heck "robyn" is. the only "robin" i know besides the ones in the trees is on howard stern. ;-) sounds like you had a good time and you and jay have become good friends! good deal. but jay, pittsburgh is pretty small -- i constantly run into people i know here again and again. it almost worries me to think that a work acquaintance will see me doing karaoke to an ABBA song. (which actually did happen btw) :-)

Spenc said...

Apparently one of my buddies at Universal threw her listening party down on LES last week (this week? I can't remember...) and NO ONE showed up.

Sad!

dit said...

I love stuff like this. Cities are great!