Wednesday, June 27, 2007

New York, New York



So I just realized that I haven't talked about my big move coming up in about 2 months. Thats right folks, I am moving to New York!

I am actually going to be starting Grad school there in September and I am pretty excited about that. It will be really good for me to get back in student-mode because if this summer internship down here in South Fla. is teaching me anything, it is that I am really REALLY not prepared to enter the real world quite yet! I mean being locked in a 8' by 8' grey cubicle from 9 to 5 almost everyday is definitely the pits. I mean, I make pretty decent money, and I'm getting valuable real world experience, but I just can't handle the monotony of it all and the fake as hell people who seem to make 90%+ of the office. I just don't know if I'll be able to handle it in the long run. I'll find a way I suppose......

Anyways.....back to exciting New York. I've always enjoyed the atmosphere there, even though the couple of times I've visited I never really stayed long enough to take in ALL the sites and experiences that the city has to offer. Now that I'm moving there semi-permanently, I will hopefully have enough time to take everything in. I am so excited and so ridiculously nervous at the same time, it's not even funny. I am really hoping that this can be my chance to start over with a clean slate. I have a pretty fair amount of baggage down here (a subj for another post....or many), so it will be nice to leave all that behind and start fresh.

One of the biggest contributions to my stress level at this time is figuring out my living arrangements. I will be traveling up there next month for a week with my parents to try to find an apartment. I already kinda decided that I don't want to live in Manhattan, because I think the rents are just super ridiculous for the space you get. I would really love to live in Williamsburg. I heard from a few of my friends who already live in the city that is a really young and upcoming area in Brooklyn thats pretty close to where I will b going to school. Brooklyn Heights is also on my radar along with Park Slope and Prospect Heights. They are pretty central and would give me great access to Prospect Park, which would be ideal for running, biking and just chilling out.

I am just really hoping that I can find a nice place in a cool, central neighborhood that I will be happy with. Pray for me guys!
*crosses fingers*

Oh...and if you guys know of any apts or sublets out there, or any really good brokers that specialize in finding apts in Brooklyn and/or Lower Manhattan, shoot me an email or something and let me in on it. HAHA. I pretty much need all the help I can get!

No comments: