Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm Still Alive...Promise

Hey guys, I've been neglecting the blog a bit but I can assure you that I am still alive and kicking! Just a couple of quick updates....


#1: Things with Ryan are basically at a friendship level right now.

Without going into all the details and whatnot, he basically proved himself not to be boyfriend material. I can honestly say that I am really at a stage now where I can say that I am ready to start building a real, solid relationship with someone and unfortunately he isn't. It is kind of a bummer but I am glad I dealt with it now, the in the beginning stages, rather than later down the road. It kinda sucks because I thought I saw something there that kinda turned out not to be that serious. All and all I'm looking at it as a learning experience and I am happy for it regardless of the fact that I didn't get the outcome that I wanted.

I still think we can be friends though, so that is good. I mean, things are not awkward between us for the most part and I am thankful for that. Anyway, on to better news....

#2: Got a new apartment!

So I am moving August 1st into a truly HUGE 3br apartment in Harlem. It is in a really nice building on a quiet street and the best part is that I am living with two really cool (so far) gay guys. I found it on Craigslist and the ad just kinda jumped out at me. I went over there on Tuesday to check out the place and I was really blown away by the sheer size of the place. I mean, for Manhattan this place is HUGE.....we are talking upwards of 1400 sq ft! The kitchen could literally be a studio apartment in and of itself...it is so big. We even have a dishwasher (which I have not seen in any NYC apartment...not even Penthouse Girl's apt in Murray Hill!)

Needless to say I am liking my new digs, and the fact that I am living with two really cool gay guys in their 20s pretty much seals the deal. I've only met one so far and he is great. He seems extremely down to earth and just an all around, genuinely nice guy. Plus he is an elementary school teacher, so you just know that he has to be the sweetest person ever...HAHA!

Anyway, I am super excited to move and even more excited to go to IKEA and buy new furniture and decorate (so gay right LOLOL?!?!?) Pops gave me a furniture budget (so lame right LOLOL?!?!?) so I am going to the new IKEA in Brooklyn tomorrow with Columbia Girl to throw down! I'm not gonna lie....I'm kinda excited.

#3: Project Runway is gonna ROCK this season!

OMG who watched the premiere last night? I'm totally gonna love this season for the man-candy alone!!! I've got some favorites....

First off...KEITH, YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO HAVE YOUR WAY WITH ME, MMMKAYYYY!!!!!!!!


Also...

Wesley, rockin those short shorts looking all adorable and stuff....let's cuddle sometime, mmmkay?



(Side note: my friend CNN Boy is acquaintances with his ex-college roommate/fuck buddy and I just found out about this via email like two days ago...small world)

And last but not least....my gurl Korto had her model wurkin it last night with that yellow table cloth/green, leafy vegetable sash/ tomato broach dress. BITCH KILLED IT!!!!



*snap in Z formation* LOL!

You totally shoulda won boo, but keep your head up...you will go far! Who knew that people could construct dresses from materials at a Gristedies! Honorable mention goes to Daniel who made the dress out of Solo plastic cups....mad creative!



#3: I went to a taping of the Daily Show today!

So Columbia Girl got us tickets to go see a taping of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart today and it ROCKED OUR SOCKS!


Maggie Gylthereanwhateverthal was the guest and she was super cute and friendly. (P.S. that bitch is talllllllllll) We had front row center seats and it was a great experience, I am so happy that I had a chance to go. Also, one of Jon's camera men is a fuckin DILF...HOLY SHIT! I dunno what kinda camera guy he is...but he had this long pole looking apparatus with the camera perched high on top of it....in order to get all the panning shots of the set and whatnot and let me just tell you......

IF HE WORKS THAT POLE LIKE HE WORKS HIS OTHER POLE, MRS. CAMERA MAN IS A FUCKIN LUCKY WOMAN!!!

Needless to say I am jealz...

4 comments:

dit said...

I am so happy to hear you are doing well.

Sorry to hear that things did not work out romantically, but at least you can salvage a friendship.

How exciting! A new place. Decorate it up right. How thoughtful of your father to help you.

take care and enjoy it all! 8-)

jay said...

The daily show? I hate you! LOL>

Pete said...

Hug! I was so disappointed for you when you told me...

dan said...

hey bud, just catching up. sorry bout the bf lesson, but it's cool to remain friends.
I"M SUPER PUMPED that you met Christian, that is SHWEET.
good luck with the new place. I hope to be checking it out someday.
later.