Monday, April 14, 2008

Grams Is At It Again With The Jokes....




We have already established that my Grams is a joker....and the old lady is at it again! This time the conversation centered around that trans chick who is having a baby.

(I know that I should probably be referring to her as a man seeing as tho that is what her legal status is and that is what she ultimately identifies with but come on.......she's got a womb, how can she be a man...confusing!)

Anywho, I was talking to Granny on the phone and she brought it up out of the blue.....

Granny: Hey, you heard about that man who is pregnant?

Me: Well ya...but I think the media is really sensationalizing it because technically she isn't a man. Those headlines are really misleading.

Granny: Looorrrrd, what is the world coming to? Sodom and Gomorra I tell you baby!

Me: Ha....yea I guess.

Granny: Back it my day...stuff like this aint happen! People are crazy!

Me: I know, right?

Granny: I came home and I turned on Oprah...cuz you know I have to get my Oprah every day...and I saw him on it and your Granny got so confused. I didn't know what the hell this fool was talking bout!

Me: Awwww....sorry.

Granny: Since when can men get pregnant? Shoooot!

Me: HAHA! Well Granny, she still has all her parts...so as far as I am concerned, she is still a woman.

Granny: Well whatever.....that shit is crazy! How she expect to really become a man though? They just gonna get some willy and sew it on or sumthin?

Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WHATCHU SAY?

Granny: Well I'm just saying though....how you gonna be a man without a penis?

Me: Granny....you crazy! You need to stop.

Granny: HAHA....Granny calls it how she sees it baby! I guess the gal is gonna have to get one dem plastic ones or something.

Me: HAHAHAHAHAH! WHATCHU KNOW BOUT THOSE?!?!?!?!

Granny: Boyyyyy listen, you remember Irine? (Some lady she plays Bridge with)

Me: Ya...

Grany: Boy let me tell you....she done told me some STUFF!

Me: Oh god...im so done with this conversation...new topic, new topic!

Granny: Wait lil bit....wait lil bit...it's not about her boy!

Me: Oh....but still....

Granny: (hisses teeth) You know she told me that her daughter caught her lil granbaby with one in her dresser.

Me: WHAT....STOP LYIN!

Granny: BOYYY YOUR GRANNY ALMOST FELL OUT!

Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, YOU TELLIN STORIES NOW GRANNY!

Granny: Na baby....she said that they had to ground her ol' fast self! AT SIXTEEN.....AIN'T THAT SUMTHIN?

Me: HAHAHA THAT IS TOOOO FUNNY!

Granny: Where she getting one of dem at 16? HUH?!?!?! These lil' girls to damn fast these days...shoot!

Me: Well that's crazy....but its better that than the real thing......and then gettin pregnant at 16.

Granny: No tellin baby, no tellin......lord these children too damn wild.

Me: It happens Grams....what are you gonna do, ya know?

Granny: hmmmmmmmmmmhmm

So the convo shifted to some other more mundane family topics but seriously....how outta control is my 82 year old Grandmother? HAHA, she is such a trip!

Dude, I've been laughing all day because I was thinking to myself...."how badly would she trip out if she heard that my mother found a dildo in my closet?!?!?!?!?!"

L-O-L!

Not that I own one (seriously) or have ever (I'M SERIOUS!) but wouldn't that be the most hilarious thing?

In actuality, it wouldn't be that funny because I am 100% sure that it would give Grams a heart attack...sigh.

She is one person that I am 100% positive that I will never ever come out to.....EVER! I really don't want her to find out because I seriously don't think she would EVER be able to handle it.

Ah well...such is life.

5 comments:

JUSTIN said...

I loved these posts...

dit said...

Great post. I miss talking with my Grandmother like that. Brought back memories. Thanks. Your Grandmother sounds like a real character.

Mike said...

Your grandma is mad funny!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Yeah that made me think of the days when me and my Granny used to talk about dildos! Like NEVER! Haha K, that was pretty nuts!

julian. said...

Dude I was liking your blog until you kept referring to Thomas Beatie as a she. Fuck that man. He's a dude. Stop hating on transgenders.